Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Week 2 - Xi Delta Psi

Xi Delta Psi

Like I said in last week's entry, sororities in Second Life are an interesting thing.  I'm reminded of this as we were coordinating this activity with Xi Delta Psi.  Their Founder, Kisha, and I pledged another organization on the same line as one of my own Founders, Big Sister Spellbound.  It's interesting to look back now, a few years later, and see where everyone is at now.  Second Life is such a transitive place.

Anyway...

Today's activity, I (Tivi) was super excited about.  I was super excited for the ladies of Xi Delta Psi to see what we had planned for them - i was excited for my sisters to see the skybox when it was done - and even now as I write this, I'm super excited for the Big Sisters to see and hear about what we did today.

We decorated Christmas trees!  And I mean legit... like... custom-decorated trees... not just rezzing pre-decorated ones.  Let me explain...

Chatterbox even made an appearance!  Lol.
I live in the community of sims owned by the Creator of the store GEL.  Now, typically, most of the furniture I get from GEL is more... kinky... in nature.  But last week, a notice dropped in the group advertising Decoratable Christmas Trees, and I had an actual moment.

You can toggle the light strand, the tree skirt, the ribbon, and the star on top of the tree.  Once you toggle the lights on, you can choose between multiple light patterns, colors, and turn them on and off.  You can rez any number of 6 types of ornaments... but here's the best part of that... the ornaments will rez literally where you click on the tree and tell it to "Add" the ornament!  O.O

I know, right?

Kisha & Leah of Xi Delta Psi starting to decorate their tree.
Xi Delta Psi worked on one tree, and me and my line sisters worked on the other.  To be honest, the Xi Delta Psi tree looked so pretty that we chose to use that one during the group photos.  I'm not even 100% sure that ours got finished, but I was too in love with how Kisha and Leah's tree came out that I didn't even think to take a photo of ours before I cleaned up the area.

Don't judge me.  xD

Kisha & Leah of Xi Delta Psi along with Tivi, Marie, and Majesti
Overall, I was grateful for the experience.  I'm always down for time hanging out with my sisters, but it was really cool to get to see my former-line-sister/always-heart-sister in this new light, watching her grow and flourish as a Founder of her own organization, and see her draw in the type of amazing energy that she projects out into the world.

I'm just so glad to see her happy and flourish.  ♥

2 down, 1 more to go!  We got this!  ♥

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment